Friday, October 21, 2011

Introduction

For those who do not know me, my name is Aubrey Jones. I am a graduate of high school and seek to find my own path of adulthood, my own way of independence and intuition. I decided to create a blog to share my learning experiences and life stories. I can share them with those I have memories of the past and those who seek to know me more. Even though I initially was against blogging myself, I realized I can update them much faster this way than explaining my life to them individually.

Born in Portland Oregon, I lived with my family of five other people--the last one came two years after me. After my loving parents, I had an older brother, an older sister, and a younger brother. We endured the typical family disputes and lived and sought harmony with each other. A family divorce caused us to move to Tooele, Utah, where I spent four years of my final childhood before teen life. I had no opinion of my family state or where I lived as I desired to live life as my peaceful, quiet self. The world did not matter if I had internal serenity as a very calm lake. I entered my pre-teen years and my mother married my step-dad who lived in Cottonwood Heights. We decided to live with him and embarked on a journey, which would change our lives entirely forever.

Cottonwood Heights is a neighborhood/city in Salt Lake City Utah. It is on the brink of several mountain ranges and very close to popular ski resorts. Although it is beautiful, I will always be an Oregon girl. I tried to snowboard once but sat on my butt the entire trip, however, at least had a snowsuit and coat in between the snow and me. The first icy winter I experienced caused me to hate snow and the year 2011 is actually the first winter where I am excited for it to come. I have lived in Utah for about a decade now. I have very fond memories of Oregon and do not mind Utah as it is easier to live here as a Latter-Day-Saint, in my opinion. I do not mean to write blogs of my religion and intend on my life stories and experiences.

I was always quiet and inattentive to my surroundings. My older siblings decided to live at my dad's house when I moved to Cottonwood Heights so I became the oldest and continued my education at Butler Middle School. I made some friends and gained many interests in music, boys, hair, and discovered my ultimate passion in my ninth grade year. I had a creative assignment in English and knew I always liked to write but learned it was something I could do twenty-four seven and never grow bored of. My mind could always invent a new character and story. Since I attended school during the day, I decided to write into the night and stayed up late, which I should not have done, actually.

Even though I loved to write, I soon became sick and desirous to miss school. This occurred often my ninth grade year and even though I acheived above average and average grades, attendance meant much to successful learning. (Who knew?) I acted as if I had common colds and wanted to sleep and miss school a couple of times per week. This was unnacceptable. I could not change my habits until I admired intelligent classmates and desired to become like them. Even though I was in this habit of staying up late and missing school, I sought to attend it more often and especially did this sophomore year in high school.

Now attending high school, I focused on relationships and grades. I was able to do this well and admired intelligent classmates in the higher classes at school. And even though I did not test well, I did my best in my classes and accomplished above average but not perfect grades. I participated in choral and ballroom dance groups junior year and loved to socialize with other people. I theorized the Golden Rule where I treated people the way I wanted to be treated and it worked more than anything. I enjoyed my religious Seminary where I could meet more people with my similar interests. In my senior year, I continued participating in select choral groups, served as a Special Needs Counselor and Young Women's President and decided to attend a concurrent enrollement Certified Nurse Assistant course up at the technical education center as half a school day. These activities kept me busy and I graduated from high school in June 2011.

After high school, my further education decision took me until the middle of October 2011. For those who know me, I am very ambitious with college choices and career aspirations. I always second guess where I am supposed to attend and what I am supposed to do. Even though many people may be confused in those options, we have a lifetime to decide. I believe in the quote where we must act as if there is no tomorrow BUT we cannot rush into crucial life changing choices. I decided to further my education at Salt Lake Community College for my General Education and transfer to an official college life at Snow College after some time.

I hoped you enjoyed learning more of my life and I anticipate writing more life experiences and stories. Let me know what you think!      

No comments:

Post a Comment